Sunday, July 05, 2009

Holidays overview, 2/3 gone.

With the holidays already 2/3 gone and 5 weeks more to the stressful school reopening day, I thought it will be good to do a review of my holidays so far. So have I had a fulfilling holiday or have I just wasted 8 weeks of my life doing nothing?

Let's see, for the month of May.

There were the two football watching session at lim's house, watching the champions league semi final and final. As usual we had supper then just chilled out at his house and wait till the match start.

I went to ubin with the 3a people, it was a fun trip cycling around, taking in the rustic charm and greenery around us. There was also the wild boar, the pain when I tried to go up a up slope at one go and the adrenaline rush of going down slopes at top speed. The highlight was when we went up to this highest point of ubin and was rewarded with a great view of mainland Singapore and the quarry in ubin.

There's also the usual supper trips and I also managed to do some home improvement projects, cleaned up and tidied my room, pack all the notes and added a hard disk to my computer.

There was the customary ritual of meeting up with my rsaf squadron mates. I also attended a friend's mini birthday celebration at a chalet and managed to see some rarely seen faces. There was this one sole bball session and a badminton session with the 3a people. Hope we can go back ny play soon.

So what happened in June?

There was the eating air episode with my secondary school friends (we went to the henderson wave and Alexandra bridge when one of my friends rented a car over the weekend) The night view and the chilly breeze makes our stay up at the henderson wave a great one. But sadly there were rubbish and vandalism.

Then I found a job, admin work. The usual grunt work. Yawns~

Steamboat at lim's house was good, very fulfilling on the stomach. Fondue, fruits, cakes after the steamboat made me very full.

I attempted ippt at khatib and failed. SAF gave me 10.50$ for my time.

July started with a bang, on Thursday, I went vivocity, had dinner and dessert. It was followed by Transformers on Friday, I thought it wasn't as bad as what critics said, just treat it as a normal Hollywood blockbuster and go there to see all the special effects and explosions.

Finally dim sum buffet with my rsaf mates(one just returned from US) on Saturday. The dim sum buffet was fulfilling, I ate a lot and was very full. The food was rather average though.

Hopefully more to come in the next 5 weeks.

les