Saturday, June 13, 2009

Ugly

I saw two incident of ugly Singaporeans in action yesterday, both very funny encounter.

First, during lunch hour, as I was eating my pig organ soup, I saw two OLs sat down on the table beside mine, left their pack of tissue paper on it and proceeded to the stalls to queue for their food.
Very classic unique Singaporean behavior, nothing special, both you and I know that the tissue pack means the table/seats are choped and 'occupied'.

A few mintues later, an ang mo adult and in tow 5 children, all below the age of ten I think walked towards the table and just sat on tat particular table, totally oblivous of the hidden meaning of the two tissue packs. They just brushed the tissue pack away and placed it at the edge of the table, probably thinking it was left behind by the previous user.

While I was looking at all this, I wondered if I should tell the guy that the table is actually occupied. But then I did what most Singaporeans will do, keep quiet, finished my meal and walked off. Personally I think that using tissue packs to chope seats isn't that bad compared to the many other more inconsiderate behaviour.

Secondly, on the way home, rush hour coupled with the PC show, the MRT was crowded than usual and with many lugging boxes of IT gadgets and or big carrier bags only made the situation worse.

And there I was standing there in the train, listening to my mp3, I saw one auntie beside me suddenly whipped out a S hook. And I could see that she was scanning the MRT, I guessed she's probably looking for a spot to hook her stuffs. I was shocked, the MRT is so crowded and squeezy and she wanted to hook her stuff on the handrails. In the end, she settled for a spot beside the door(the side where the door does not open, NEL) and placed her hook on the slot between the handrail and the glass panel.

Anyway there is a show on channel 8, Thursday 8pm, using humor and re-enactment to discuss and poke fun at such inconsiderate behaviour.

les