Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Uni and the daily commute.

Having start school for almost one and a half week already, I am quite surprised and appalled to see that despite being "highly educated", a few handful of the student population are rather inconsiderate. This is especially evident during lectures.

We are told that the top 20% of the cohort study in the university and despite having 12 years of education before entering university, we still have people who are inconsiderate and not civic minded.

Number one I have noticed people who do not turn their handphones to silent mode during lectures and more than often, a least one handphone will go off and ring. Sometimes in an two hour lecture, you can even see two such incidents.

Secondly, there are litters all over the lecture hall. Metal cans, sweet wrappers etc. I don't know about you, I thought they teach you not to litter in public places in primary school?

Last but not least, we have people rattling off rather audibly during lectures. Of course you can ask your friends questions regarding the lecture, but please don't go on such long speech.

Anyway the daily commute there and back is a killer, especially during morning and evening peak hours. Be prepared for the GSS, great Singapore squeeze. It really drains you.

les