Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Am I prepared?

About 2 weeks left to the auspicious day, 4th of August. School beckons. With regards to adelene's entry, "Are you prepared?", I do not think I am prepared. It's like my mind still hasn't settled down yet. I don't feel like going back to the mugging days so soon and back to the days when I have to constantly psycho myself to work hard or otherwise I will die a terrible death.

Consistent hard work isn't easy. You will need strong will power and determination. And consistent hard work is even more prevalent in the university system where every module scores go into your gpa grade. It's not like A or O levels when you can bo chup till probably the last 6 months and cheong and still get a fairly decent grade. Consistent hard work seems so ailen to me especially when I spent the last two years going through the same routine day in day out.

So how do you see the university phase as? A phase to study hard, get a decent degree, make your parents proud and hopefully secure a decent paying job with that degree of yours? Or is it more as a phase to make friends, participate in all the club activites and have a fufiling social life? How about studying because you love the subject and really want to learn more?

Talking about making friends in university, some of my friends have participated in many camps while me on the other side has often wondered what's so good about camps. Personally I hate camps, I don't know why. Maybe it is because I hate all the enthusiasm, all the high octane energy nature of such camps.

I will end with some funny pictures taken from the recent PCN cycling trip to brighten your day.


Ds's stunned look


Zc trapped in the poncho


les