The pasture is always greener on the other side?
I reached home at 1230am today, was an tiring day. I felt kind of hungry and decided to grab some food, western fried rice from the stall I usually patron.
As I walked towards the stall, a sudden flashback struck me. The memory of me, zy, ds having breakfast at the same coffeeshop appeared in my mind. Those were the great moments man (before enlistment), relaxed weekday morning, then go for a leisure swim followed by a hearty breakfast at the neighborhood coffeeshop. As you devoured your breakfast, sipping your teh peng, you watch people just walk by, and talking cock among ourselves. Very relaxed, there's no worries/stress clouding your mind, no sianness, no dread of the next day.
Strangely, I have went to the stall too many times after enlistment, and that memory only appeared that wee morning.
I often wondered, we are always talking about life after ord, more specifically for us, going back to school, about how happier we will be and so much more freedom we will have.
How you felt for those who orded? Happy? Relieved? 解脱?Or you just felt normal? Maybe it also depends on your experience in the 2 years and who you orded with. It defintely going to be more fun when you orded with one big group of people.
Will life in school be more interesting? Will we be still dragging our feet everyday we wake up? Or will it be the same . . . just that its in a different setting?
les
As I walked towards the stall, a sudden flashback struck me. The memory of me, zy, ds having breakfast at the same coffeeshop appeared in my mind. Those were the great moments man (before enlistment), relaxed weekday morning, then go for a leisure swim followed by a hearty breakfast at the neighborhood coffeeshop. As you devoured your breakfast, sipping your teh peng, you watch people just walk by, and talking cock among ourselves. Very relaxed, there's no worries/stress clouding your mind, no sianness, no dread of the next day.
Strangely, I have went to the stall too many times after enlistment, and that memory only appeared that wee morning.
I often wondered, we are always talking about life after ord, more specifically for us, going back to school, about how happier we will be and so much more freedom we will have.
How you felt for those who orded? Happy? Relieved? 解脱?Or you just felt normal? Maybe it also depends on your experience in the 2 years and who you orded with. It defintely going to be more fun when you orded with one big group of people.
Will life in school be more interesting? Will we be still dragging our feet everyday we wake up? Or will it be the same . . . just that its in a different setting?
les

