Thursday, December 27, 2007

Belated christmas present

I got a late christmas present from my unit today. A big fat present waiting for me to unwrapped. And hey, im the duty personnel on new year.

No more new year countdown, no more ton-ing through the night to new year's morning.

Great.

********

I was watching "Just follow law" the other day. (According to wikipedia) the movie "takes a satirical look at the inflexibility of outdated governmental rules and regulations and the rigid mindsets of local civil servants who follow rules to a fault".

I thought it was quite funny because events that happened in the movie, actually happen to me in my workplace in a daily basis. "The VIP is visiting" syndrome where everyone from the top to the bottom goes on a frenzy to clear up the workplace and the "arrows flying around" situation is especially so true.

The other memorable scene is when the manager asked her worker to move some rubbish in the car park to the 5th floor corridor. Then the angry worker replied, "and tomorrow? 6th floor, and then . . .?" His manager replied that she was still waiting for the management approval. And his reply was, "approval, isn't it double work? After they approve, I will have to move it somewhere else."

There just too many classic moments in the movie, it just like going through the problems you have encountered in the the workplace for the past week. Not a bad movie if you just want some laughs.

********

Im still in the festive season mood. Can I just nua at home?

Wish everyone a happy new year and a fun countdown. 2008.

les