Overcrowding in MRT
I was taking the North-South line to town earlier in the afternoon. And one thing I discovered was that the MRT was crowded than usual. Even more crowded than the usual Sunday afternoon crowd.
Probably due to the escalating fuel prices and the increased taxi fares, everyone is now turning to the public transport.
All Im asking for is a little more comfort. I do not mind standing for the whole journey during peak hours, but at least dont pack me into the carriage like some sardines. And the buses frequency problem needs to be addressed. Whenever the frequency issue is brought up, the authority always gives some lame answer like "the road traffic is unpredictable" but strangely other services in foreign countries ran like clockwork (quoted form The Strait Time, which says that you can even set your watch based on the bus schedule) .
And I finally got to see for myself, an ERP gantry in the heartlands, at Toa Payoh. The gantry is still under construction, it should be ready for use within a month or two. LTA says that it would be used if traffic flow there worsens and it is part of their second outer ring of gantry to control traffic going into the CBD area.
I think they may as well build an ERP gantry outside each carpark in the heartland, and deduct money whenever citizens drive their car out of their HDB carpark.
les
Probably due to the escalating fuel prices and the increased taxi fares, everyone is now turning to the public transport.
All Im asking for is a little more comfort. I do not mind standing for the whole journey during peak hours, but at least dont pack me into the carriage like some sardines. And the buses frequency problem needs to be addressed. Whenever the frequency issue is brought up, the authority always gives some lame answer like "the road traffic is unpredictable" but strangely other services in foreign countries ran like clockwork (quoted form The Strait Time, which says that you can even set your watch based on the bus schedule) .
And I finally got to see for myself, an ERP gantry in the heartlands, at Toa Payoh. The gantry is still under construction, it should be ready for use within a month or two. LTA says that it would be used if traffic flow there worsens and it is part of their second outer ring of gantry to control traffic going into the CBD area.
I think they may as well build an ERP gantry outside each carpark in the heartland, and deduct money whenever citizens drive their car out of their HDB carpark.
les

