Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fort Minor - Where'd You Go

I was listening to this song when I thought I go read up about the lyrics on the net, and stumbled onto its Wikipedia entry. And I went on to youtube to watch its music video, very meaningful. The song according to wiki, talks about "the perspective of the person left behind in long-distance relationships, but mainly about the consequences of putting one's career before one's family."

Quoted from wikipedia, "The music video for "Where'd You Go" features interviews with a boy named Joey Bravo, who has divorced parents, the wife of a baseball player caring for their children, and the parents of a soldier killed in Iraq. At the end of the video, a brief note states: "'Where'd You Go' was filmed in the homes of three families who share the same sense of loneliness as this song. Thank you for sharing your homes and stories with us — Mike Shinoda, Fort Minor" "




les