Monday, February 05, 2007

happy birthday, zhengyu!

First of all, happy 20th birthday to zhengyu. It is kinda sad, spending his birthday in camp today. Hope he had a grand celebration or belated celebration this weekend.

I slept quite early yesterday, at around 8plus at night. It must be due to the supper and then playing lan throughout the wee hours on Saturday night. We only ended at 5am in the Sunday morning. My eyes were damn dry after that, must be staring at the monitor for too long. Intially my friends and I only wanted to have some supper at the thomson road prata house, the lan gaming after that was rather impromptu. But it was great fun, the price reasonable and the place looks good with decent computers and comfy armchairs. And you even can have prata at the 24hr prata house whenever you like.

Later in the Sunday afternoon, I went to watch Babel with some of the 3a people. The show was quite a profound movie, with alot of subtle messages lying around for you to pick up. A lot of things for the audience to analyze, the characters' reaction/behavior etc. I thought the story about the japanese girl was quite good especially the nightclub scene as it alternated between the noisy, chaotic scene of the nightclub to the silent inner experience of the deaf-mute girl. I thought the way the movie portrays the emotions of the characters very well, the love between loved ones, the anguish, the helplessness, feeling alienated from the society. The soundtrack played nearing the end of the movie was good and I wondered what was written in the note that the police inspector got from the girl. The night scene of the skyline of tokyo skyscrapers was cool too.

les

Thanks to low for the gifts!

photo_23_hires

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home