CNY 初一
This year Chinese New Year is the same as any other year, receiving angbaos with glee, then stone at the sofa and spend the whole day watching tv and get grilled by relatives who will ask you some generic questions. "Where are you studying now?", "Got any girlfried?" , just to name a few examples.
Anyway, I was watching this CCTV 4 Chinese New Year variety show. There were songs, skits and dance items. What struck me was that there were a few song items dedicated to the soldiers doing duties at their borders. The host was saying, "Let's dedicate the next few songs to the hardworking soldiers who are protecting our borders at this very moment and wish them a happy new year"
They really appreicate what the soldiers are actually doing, protecting their land. While nsfs in Singapore seem to be treated like dirt, no one recongize our effort, time, energy spent.
The most touching skit I thought was performed by a group of children who came all the way from the rural area. They were reciting some kind of 朗诵 thingy. The lyrics was saying about how despite their poor conditions they are studying in, run-down school buildings, creaking wooden chairs and tables, they still manage to get decent results. They also sang about how proud they are of their parents as their parents helped to build the wonderful city area as construction workers, labour workers etc.
I thought it was very good to remind people who are busily celebrating chinese new year with all the good food, drinks and all, there are actually people who are in a poorer state than us and they need our help. We should give more care and concern to others, especially those underprivileged people during these festive seasons. That's why I always thought the BB charity box is a very meaningful project. I still remember I once saw a middle-aged couple carrying a few carrier bags from the supermarket, Cold Storage along the pavement outside Wisma. They later went to the charity box there and deposited the bags.
Such a heart-warming moment.
les
Anyway, I was watching this CCTV 4 Chinese New Year variety show. There were songs, skits and dance items. What struck me was that there were a few song items dedicated to the soldiers doing duties at their borders. The host was saying, "Let's dedicate the next few songs to the hardworking soldiers who are protecting our borders at this very moment and wish them a happy new year"
They really appreicate what the soldiers are actually doing, protecting their land. While nsfs in Singapore seem to be treated like dirt, no one recongize our effort, time, energy spent.
The most touching skit I thought was performed by a group of children who came all the way from the rural area. They were reciting some kind of 朗诵 thingy. The lyrics was saying about how despite their poor conditions they are studying in, run-down school buildings, creaking wooden chairs and tables, they still manage to get decent results. They also sang about how proud they are of their parents as their parents helped to build the wonderful city area as construction workers, labour workers etc.
I thought it was very good to remind people who are busily celebrating chinese new year with all the good food, drinks and all, there are actually people who are in a poorer state than us and they need our help. We should give more care and concern to others, especially those underprivileged people during these festive seasons. That's why I always thought the BB charity box is a very meaningful project. I still remember I once saw a middle-aged couple carrying a few carrier bags from the supermarket, Cold Storage along the pavement outside Wisma. They later went to the charity box there and deposited the bags.
Such a heart-warming moment.
les


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home