Farewell and good luck
I went to changi airport on wednesday night to send my friend off to US for further his studies. Maybe I should do a little intro about this particular friend. He's some guy I got to know from NS. I find him a really nice guy and he seems to harbour no evil thoughts at all. He can be really blur sometimes which often results in alot of jokes and funny incidents.
His mum saw us and came over to talk to us. Having met her before (we went to his house quite a few times over the two years), I knew that she was a really humorous person and she always like to make fun of her son in front of us. Hahaa.
His mum asked us if we (my sqn friends and me) are all studying now. She gave us some advice too.
“要用心读,不要一直玩”
用心读 . . . in jc I didnt really 用心读 for like most part of the semesters, just like skimming through the lecture notes when I read them and thinking that I understood everything. But when tests/exams came, my mind was a blank. As the 'A' examinations dates gets nearer, then I finally got that extra push to do some serious studying. But it was tough catching up when you have just “混过” for the past 1.5 years. In the end when the results came out, my results were neither here nor there. It was not dismal but not particularly good either.
So I thought I should 用心读 this time round. But sometimes more than often I find myself reverting back to my old ways.
Time files, its time for him to board the plane, we exchanged hugs and last words. I thought it would be a emo-scene, but nobody shed tears. Everyone was smiling and all seems happy that he is able to go overseas for his studies.
Good luck yuankang.
May we meet again, next may perharps? Hopefully all of us will have new happy interesting stories to share then.
les
His mum saw us and came over to talk to us. Having met her before (we went to his house quite a few times over the two years), I knew that she was a really humorous person and she always like to make fun of her son in front of us. Hahaa.
His mum asked us if we (my sqn friends and me) are all studying now. She gave us some advice too.
“要用心读,不要一直玩”
用心读 . . . in jc I didnt really 用心读 for like most part of the semesters, just like skimming through the lecture notes when I read them and thinking that I understood everything. But when tests/exams came, my mind was a blank. As the 'A' examinations dates gets nearer, then I finally got that extra push to do some serious studying. But it was tough catching up when you have just “混过” for the past 1.5 years. In the end when the results came out, my results were neither here nor there. It was not dismal but not particularly good either.
So I thought I should 用心读 this time round. But sometimes more than often I find myself reverting back to my old ways.
Time files, its time for him to board the plane, we exchanged hugs and last words. I thought it would be a emo-scene, but nobody shed tears. Everyone was smiling and all seems happy that he is able to go overseas for his studies.
Good luck yuankang.
May we meet again, next may perharps? Hopefully all of us will have new happy interesting stories to share then.
les

