saf day
"It's not what you leave behind, it's what you will gain in the days ahead"
Sounds familiar huh? This line is on the banner that you will see at the tekong jetty when you alight from the ferry. I saw this line appearing in the Sunday Times special feature last Sunday.
Due to the NS40 event, celebrating 40 years of National Service in Singapore, there has been alot of events going on. There have been exhibitions, television shows, tv trailers made and telecasted on national tv. And that there was alot of emphasis on NSmen at the recent SAF Day last Sunday. Even the Sunday Times came out with a special feature, talking about National Service.
SAF Day was not too bad, the marching contingent was excellent and there was even a fly past by the chinook with the State flag, flanked by two Apaches. I pity the Chinook Squadron crews . . . another weekend burned.
I was there to witness my CO receive a "trophy" from the Minister of Defence for being the best fighter squadron for 2007. I was kind of disappointed when the Straits Times report that came out last last week didn't mention anything specific about the ground crew at all. But nonetheless, Im glad that Im able to proclaim I am part of the best fighter squadron, but well in my opinion, I frankly don't think its a good place for a NSF to be in.
Anyway, back to that line, so what have i gain so far? Maybe some hands-on/technical skills and many soft skills that include how to siam arrows, act busy etc. Haha. Some of the more positive things I learned includes learning how to be my assertive and the importance of doing your work well and be responsible for it.
les
P.S. Happy 20th Birthday to Deshun
Sounds familiar huh? This line is on the banner that you will see at the tekong jetty when you alight from the ferry. I saw this line appearing in the Sunday Times special feature last Sunday.
Due to the NS40 event, celebrating 40 years of National Service in Singapore, there has been alot of events going on. There have been exhibitions, television shows, tv trailers made and telecasted on national tv. And that there was alot of emphasis on NSmen at the recent SAF Day last Sunday. Even the Sunday Times came out with a special feature, talking about National Service.
SAF Day was not too bad, the marching contingent was excellent and there was even a fly past by the chinook with the State flag, flanked by two Apaches. I pity the Chinook Squadron crews . . . another weekend burned.
I was there to witness my CO receive a "trophy" from the Minister of Defence for being the best fighter squadron for 2007. I was kind of disappointed when the Straits Times report that came out last last week didn't mention anything specific about the ground crew at all. But nonetheless, Im glad that Im able to proclaim I am part of the best fighter squadron, but well in my opinion, I frankly don't think its a good place for a NSF to be in.
Anyway, back to that line, so what have i gain so far? Maybe some hands-on/technical skills and many soft skills that include how to siam arrows, act busy etc. Haha. Some of the more positive things I learned includes learning how to be my assertive and the importance of doing your work well and be responsible for it.
les
P.S. Happy 20th Birthday to Deshun

