Sunday, July 08, 2007

flypast

The cool wind starts howling, making the room airy and cool, and especially cosy and warm when one is under the blanket.

Di da, di da, the rain drops from the skies and reaches the ground. A stark contrast to yesterday's weather.

I was tasked to support the ndp flypast yesterday, the cool part was the chance to see the jets roaring over the blue skies at a very good spot, the runway. The sight was magnificent, even better than watching it at the stadium. My eyes trailed on the jets as they started arriving in, in formation. They seem so small, like tiny black specks in the skies. Slowly, the silhouettes turn into the distinct shape of a plane. The jets flew so low that I swear I can see the belly of the jets as they zoomed past me. As they flew over me, the roar was deafening. I didnt even cover my ears, I was totally mesmerised by the sight. Soon they disappeared, the formation spilts as each of the jets turn in a different direction. Only trails of smoke was left behind in the blue skies.

And it's still raining, hope those at home now had a good afternoon nap, haha.

les