Thursday, November 16, 2006

Games, games, games....

This few days seem to be kinda boring. No one online and too tired to do anything. There's nothing much to do at home anyway. By the way, good luck to low who is probably in some secluded forest of brunei.

I saw today's garfield comic in the paper, it was quite funny I thought.



With the release of PS3 in Japan last week, there's suddenly a surge in interest in the latest generation of games console. A lot of people is comtemplating on whether to buy the Nintendo Wii, Sony's PS3 or Microsoft xbox 360. The Wii motion sensor seems damn cool, and you can do lots of stuff with this innovative controller. You can fish, punch people in a boxing match, playing bowling and even use it like a rifle, killing german soldiers. But then, from some of the screenshots I saw, the graphics doesnt seem that next generation (probably due to its lower technical specs compared to the 360 and PS3), otherwise it will be a perfect game console. Nonetheless, Im sure the Wii will be able to attract alot of casual gamer with its relatively low price and innovative interface.



The PS3 is very costly at USD$599 for a PS3 with a 60GB hard disk. The things PS3 can compete on is probably their exclusive games like FF, hardcore graphics and its die hard fans (see the number of people qeueing overnight in Japan in hope of getting the PS3). If you are interested, you can see pictures of the PS3 dissected here.


Last but not least, I want to recommend a game from the classic PC RTS genre, Company of Heroes. Sadly my com is too lousy to render all the beautiful graphics and I got not much money to spare for games. Hopefully I will get to try it in some lan shop soon.

Kill the nazis!


*Lasini

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home