Sunday, October 08, 2006

中秋节

Yesterday, I went to my 大伯's house to "celebrate" 中秋节. It was more of a family gathering actually. Sadly, not everyone was present. I havent seen my other relatives like since chinese new year man. Family gathering nowadays seem abit mundane, but I sure have fond memories of the fun I had when I was still a kid。

All my uncles seem to have aged. I could sense a tinge of tiredness in their voice, probably tired out by the hustle and bustle of the tough life in Singapore. But they were still their ownselves, cracking jokes here and there. My 小叔 even joked that he is going to send a letter to Mindef because my hair according to his standard is too long. Haha.

My small nephew seem to have grown alot the last 9 months. The last time I saw him, he could not even crawl, but now he is so active. Cuting through the living room at such lightning speed. The amazing thing is he knows how to complete chinese tang poem. If you can give him the first line, he can complete the second line for you. I think he must be stressed up. I dont even know my tang poems.

I managed to taste some of the more exotic mooncakes. There was the champagne one and I ate one with black seasme not the usual lotus paste. Cool.

Sadly though, some of my cousins were not present. My 二姑 left in the afternoon due to work commitments. Kind of miss her jovial, positive outlook to life and her many jokes. Perharps come Christmas or Chinese New Year, we will have a better gathering where everyone was present.

Otherwise its back to the usual routine of life again, back in camp . . . argh!


P.S Tough, I have no pictures to show. Anyone want to donate a digicam?



*Les

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home