Sunday, May 21, 2006

future

I had a university offer from NTU, and most likely I will be choosing and entering that course too. But I hadnt accpted the offer yet.

I dont know what is causing me to hesitate.

The reasons I chose that course was because firstly Im slightly better in that area of subject than say physics and perharps I have some interest in that subject too. But I cant say Im really enthustatic about the particular course.

In foreign countries, you see people studying weird courses like, from the mild, ancient history to perharps the exotic anthropology. You see professors, students specialise in weird subjects and became experts in that particular area that has no real life application or direct impact on the economy. But strangely you don't see it here in Singapore. Even if you do see one, its very rare. One in one million chance?

Sometimes pragmatism just overrules everything especially here in Singapore.



My CSM once said that there are 3 kinds of ways to view a job.

1) A job is just a job, just do what is required of you, a job is just a way of earning money to pay off your expenses.

2) A job is a career when you strive to climb as high up the ladder as possible in the shortest time. A high-flying career will give you satisfaction, a sense of achievement.

3) A job is a hobby, you are doing it out of pure interest. You do not mind the relatively low pay you may get because you love your job!

So 5,6 years later when we enter the workforce and finally get a job, which category will you fall into?

For me, most likely is no1, if Im real lucky, perharps I may even find a job I really like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home