Saturday, November 29, 2008

life is too fast paced

I was on my way to meet my friends at dobhy ghaut mrt station just now. As I walked up the escalator to the floor when the nel is connected to ns line, I saw a chinese man, presumably a tourist, taking pictures of some art along the wall.

The "art pieces" is actually part of the "art in transit" project when art pieces are placed at every mrt station along the nel line.

Then I realized something.

I actually never slow down, pause and take a real good look at the art pieces at dobhy ghaut mrt station though I have been taking NEL to dobhy ghaut since NEL was opened. It's like 4-5 years since it opened.

Do we actually slow down and admire the things around us only when we take on the role of a tourist when we visit other countries?

Sometimes the hectic school/work life forces us to be in this zombie state, totally absorbed in nothing but our work. Other things take a backseat.

For one, on your rush back to your much needed rest at your comfy home from work or school, slow down, take a good look at the night sky.

The night sky may just look extra beautiful today.

les