Happy Mother's Day
Mum, the figure that we too often take for granted. The person that did things for us unconditionally.
And she is also the person I sometimes unleash my temper on after a lousy day in camp when she kept nagging on me to eat my dinner.
My mum's mum is equally great, I could still remember the time when she came over to take care of me when my mum just gave birth to my sis and the time when my mum had to go for an operation. My hokkien was lousy and I couldn't communicate much with her. Even now ten years later I still don't know what topics to talk to her.
And my dad's mum, someone who I havent seen for a long time. She is sick and live in Indonesian with my other relatives. She used to come to Singapore rather often when I was a kid. The games we played and the amazing things she made using her hands; paper cranes, small exquisite holder weaved by hand. And she often gives me extra pocket money too, which then as a kid I was particulary happy about.
There is still the many motherly figures that showed me concern, my 阿姨 and 姑姑. One of my 姑姑 was particularly close to me when I was kid, but sadly she passed away when I was in primary school. She was always a live-wire, making me laugh and teaching me important values.
You are the best.
les
And she is also the person I sometimes unleash my temper on after a lousy day in camp when she kept nagging on me to eat my dinner.
My mum's mum is equally great, I could still remember the time when she came over to take care of me when my mum just gave birth to my sis and the time when my mum had to go for an operation. My hokkien was lousy and I couldn't communicate much with her. Even now ten years later I still don't know what topics to talk to her.
And my dad's mum, someone who I havent seen for a long time. She is sick and live in Indonesian with my other relatives. She used to come to Singapore rather often when I was a kid. The games we played and the amazing things she made using her hands; paper cranes, small exquisite holder weaved by hand. And she often gives me extra pocket money too, which then as a kid I was particulary happy about.
There is still the many motherly figures that showed me concern, my 阿姨 and 姑姑. One of my 姑姑 was particularly close to me when I was kid, but sadly she passed away when I was in primary school. She was always a live-wire, making me laugh and teaching me important values.
You are the best.
les

