House of Healing
Looking at the fishes,
calm and at ease I was.
Strangely I felt the same in the wards,
old, sick people lying on the bed,
helpless, stoned faces I see,
weary, sick bodies, devoid of any energy.
Tags, tapes on her skinny wrist,
needles punctured her skins,
scars could be seen,
a painful sight it was.
Helpless I was,
nothing I could do to lessen her pain.
I could only afford my physical presence,
hopefully it gives her consolation.
les
calm and at ease I was.
Strangely I felt the same in the wards,
old, sick people lying on the bed,
helpless, stoned faces I see,
weary, sick bodies, devoid of any energy.
Tags, tapes on her skinny wrist,
needles punctured her skins,
scars could be seen,
a painful sight it was.
Helpless I was,
nothing I could do to lessen her pain.
I could only afford my physical presence,
hopefully it gives her consolation.
les

