6 years on . . . 2011
This blog has been left to rot for like 6months now, since the last entry.
Recently people have been asking me why I stopped blogging. I replied that I stopped because I did not have anything new to offer, nothing interesting or fresh. And I also do not have the blogging mood since school started.
Since people mentioned it, so I decided to take a look at this blog and see what had actually happened to it. Nothing new it seems, no new entries from the other stakeholders, no new input in the chatbox, besides adelene lol.
Of course we all knew this blog was started in our jc era, but then only when I looked at the archives links that I realized how significant it was. This blog was actually started in november 2005. 6 years on, its 2011 now. I am glad that our jc class still manage to meet up regularly during the holidays and steamboat has perharps even become a staple of our annual events. Although I do not see everyone from the jc class as regularly and frequently as I wish we can, at least we all still make the effort to meet up from time to time.
From the recent gathering, I saw that some things have changed, some things didn't. We are in a totally different phase of life now. People are working in real jobs now, people graduating soon, even people marrying soon. Things that I could not even imagine 6 years ago. Thankfully though, the bonds, the memories, the jokes still remained the same.
In the recent weeks, I managed to read quite a few books, maybe some rather old books that have been published eons ago. They are 'Tuesday with Morrie', 'Five people you meet in heaven' and 'The Last Lecture'. They all had a common theme, life and death. Sounds morbid? They do offer some very thought provoking insights/ideas about life. I encourage people to grab any one of those and read them.
We are now at this stage of life where it can be said to be one of our potentially turning point in life. Before we enter the next phase of life, maybe we should take stock of our current lifestyle and ponder about the various paths that lay before us.
And on a sidenote, elections are coming, it is also time to think about the kind of society we wants too.
les
Recently people have been asking me why I stopped blogging. I replied that I stopped because I did not have anything new to offer, nothing interesting or fresh. And I also do not have the blogging mood since school started.
Since people mentioned it, so I decided to take a look at this blog and see what had actually happened to it. Nothing new it seems, no new entries from the other stakeholders, no new input in the chatbox, besides adelene lol.
Of course we all knew this blog was started in our jc era, but then only when I looked at the archives links that I realized how significant it was. This blog was actually started in november 2005. 6 years on, its 2011 now. I am glad that our jc class still manage to meet up regularly during the holidays and steamboat has perharps even become a staple of our annual events. Although I do not see everyone from the jc class as regularly and frequently as I wish we can, at least we all still make the effort to meet up from time to time.
From the recent gathering, I saw that some things have changed, some things didn't. We are in a totally different phase of life now. People are working in real jobs now, people graduating soon, even people marrying soon. Things that I could not even imagine 6 years ago. Thankfully though, the bonds, the memories, the jokes still remained the same.
In the recent weeks, I managed to read quite a few books, maybe some rather old books that have been published eons ago. They are 'Tuesday with Morrie', 'Five people you meet in heaven' and 'The Last Lecture'. They all had a common theme, life and death. Sounds morbid? They do offer some very thought provoking insights/ideas about life. I encourage people to grab any one of those and read them.
We are now at this stage of life where it can be said to be one of our potentially turning point in life. Before we enter the next phase of life, maybe we should take stock of our current lifestyle and ponder about the various paths that lay before us.
And on a sidenote, elections are coming, it is also time to think about the kind of society we wants too.
les

