the old towns
It has been a month since the last post. School speeding towards exam now, with now test, labs all thrown into the mix. It's probably time too to revise for the grand finale.
Sometimes while revising, my mind will stray to the wonderful past. I guess memory always romanticize the past.
I was listening to some ιζδΈ old classic the other day. Somehow I was brought back to the times during secondary school when my friends and I practically hanged out at toa payoh every week. The macdonalds near the library, we were there before it got smaller and renovated. I could still remember the old plastic yellow benches and chairs. Really an old school vibe about it especially when you compare to the macdonalds now. There is also the old popular and cdrama which I think kbox now sits at. Now there is the bigger brighter popular and cdrama at the interchange.
And I noticed cd shops seem to have diminished, sembawang seems to be in closing down sales and selection at cdrama seems to get poorer.
There is also bedok and tampines, places when I always go during my school holidays. Since as far as I could remember, my cousins, aunties will often meet at my maternal grandmother's home at bedok. We would usually start with a lunch at the market besides the bedok interchange, then proceed to walk around the neighbourhood shops, the supermarket and then back to my grandmother's house. My cousins and I will often play along the common corridor or at the playground downstairs during the afternoon. There was even a big sister who lived next door who we sometimes played with.
I wonder if the cinema is still there? I could still remember watching a huang fei hong show there when I was perharps a kindergarten kid. Similarly, I have fond memories of the macdonalds there. Hahaha, I think as a kid then, the best food in the world was probably macdonalds.
I still have a particular piece of memory of my parents reading me some storybook at the bedok library. Yes the bedok library also had been renovated quite some time back.
As my auntie lived at tampines, I would also go there quite a few times during the school holidays in the past. And much later my grandmother moved over to tampines too, thus I no longer go back to bedok regularly.
I noticed I went lesser to such family gathering at my grandmother's house nowadays. When I was doing NS, its either Im in camp or duty. Now when Im back in school, its either that Im working somewhere during the school holidays or my school holidays do not coincide with the pri/sec/jc school holidays.
As I grew up, my grandmother grew old, she isn't as fit and healthy as before. As a result now we usually go to her house directly instead of walking around the neighbourhood as in the past. And I noticed as me and all my cousins grew up, we grew apart, no longer the same kids we used to play together at the old playground.
I still visit those familiar places once in a while.
If anything for nostalgia sake.
les
Sometimes while revising, my mind will stray to the wonderful past. I guess memory always romanticize the past.
I was listening to some ιζδΈ old classic the other day. Somehow I was brought back to the times during secondary school when my friends and I practically hanged out at toa payoh every week. The macdonalds near the library, we were there before it got smaller and renovated. I could still remember the old plastic yellow benches and chairs. Really an old school vibe about it especially when you compare to the macdonalds now. There is also the old popular and cdrama which I think kbox now sits at. Now there is the bigger brighter popular and cdrama at the interchange.
And I noticed cd shops seem to have diminished, sembawang seems to be in closing down sales and selection at cdrama seems to get poorer.
There is also bedok and tampines, places when I always go during my school holidays. Since as far as I could remember, my cousins, aunties will often meet at my maternal grandmother's home at bedok. We would usually start with a lunch at the market besides the bedok interchange, then proceed to walk around the neighbourhood shops, the supermarket and then back to my grandmother's house. My cousins and I will often play along the common corridor or at the playground downstairs during the afternoon. There was even a big sister who lived next door who we sometimes played with.
I wonder if the cinema is still there? I could still remember watching a huang fei hong show there when I was perharps a kindergarten kid. Similarly, I have fond memories of the macdonalds there. Hahaha, I think as a kid then, the best food in the world was probably macdonalds.
I still have a particular piece of memory of my parents reading me some storybook at the bedok library. Yes the bedok library also had been renovated quite some time back.
As my auntie lived at tampines, I would also go there quite a few times during the school holidays in the past. And much later my grandmother moved over to tampines too, thus I no longer go back to bedok regularly.
I noticed I went lesser to such family gathering at my grandmother's house nowadays. When I was doing NS, its either Im in camp or duty. Now when Im back in school, its either that Im working somewhere during the school holidays or my school holidays do not coincide with the pri/sec/jc school holidays.
As I grew up, my grandmother grew old, she isn't as fit and healthy as before. As a result now we usually go to her house directly instead of walking around the neighbourhood as in the past. And I noticed as me and all my cousins grew up, we grew apart, no longer the same kids we used to play together at the old playground.
I still visit those familiar places once in a while.
If anything for nostalgia sake.
les

