01092006 - teachers' day
Yesterday was Teachers' Day, and a well deserved holiday for the school going kid. I wonder if uni has holiday too. Anyway, it seem quite some time since I saw some of my teachers. Some I still keep contact with, others I only saw in my memories.
Teachers are a bunch of very powerful people, they can make or break you. They can inspire you, yet they can also make you so disillusioned about studies. Some teachers were not as decdicated as others, seemingly teaching wasnt their passion. It was just a job. Well I dont blame them, to them its just a job to pay the bills. You just got to depend on yourself for good grades, though it certainly is a plus when your teachers are good.
Some teachers disgust me, really. Their attitude can really be seen from how they teach, some just seem they do not care at all.
Some condemn students because of their results and gave up on them.
I had probably seen my fair share of the different types of teachers.
There are the fantastic ones, who deliever their lessons well, fun and interesting at the same time. They crack jokes in the midst of mundane lessons, livening the lesson up. You can talk cock to them. They are just like your friend, a friend who has alot of experience and ever ready to dish out some advice. Their lessons are always the ones we look forward to.
There are also the serious, no nonsense type. Whatever you do in class, just please do not incur their wrath. They demand nothing less than 100% in your homework and attention in class. They are people not to mess around with.
Thirdly, there is the ones who are blessed with the kind of rare droning voice that can make you sleep just 5 minutes into the lesson. Halfway through the period you will probably seem the whole class down, dozing off or trying their best to keep awake.
Last but not least, I have also teachers who are mood-swing crazy. Some days they are OK, some days they became crazy and start scolding everyone in their sight. I highly recommend them for stress management courses.
Happy Teachers' Day to all teachers!
P.S. Yesterday was also rsaf day, quick go paya lebar airbase open house and see how they wayang!
*Les
Teachers are a bunch of very powerful people, they can make or break you. They can inspire you, yet they can also make you so disillusioned about studies. Some teachers were not as decdicated as others, seemingly teaching wasnt their passion. It was just a job. Well I dont blame them, to them its just a job to pay the bills. You just got to depend on yourself for good grades, though it certainly is a plus when your teachers are good.
Some teachers disgust me, really. Their attitude can really be seen from how they teach, some just seem they do not care at all.
Some condemn students because of their results and gave up on them.
I had probably seen my fair share of the different types of teachers.
There are the fantastic ones, who deliever their lessons well, fun and interesting at the same time. They crack jokes in the midst of mundane lessons, livening the lesson up. You can talk cock to them. They are just like your friend, a friend who has alot of experience and ever ready to dish out some advice. Their lessons are always the ones we look forward to.
There are also the serious, no nonsense type. Whatever you do in class, just please do not incur their wrath. They demand nothing less than 100% in your homework and attention in class. They are people not to mess around with.
Thirdly, there is the ones who are blessed with the kind of rare droning voice that can make you sleep just 5 minutes into the lesson. Halfway through the period you will probably seem the whole class down, dozing off or trying their best to keep awake.
Last but not least, I have also teachers who are mood-swing crazy. Some days they are OK, some days they became crazy and start scolding everyone in their sight. I highly recommend them for stress management courses.
Happy Teachers' Day to all teachers!
P.S. Yesterday was also rsaf day, quick go paya lebar airbase open house and see how they wayang!
*Les


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home